Lockdown has changed the way people shop. With the high street essentially closing down for several months and a widespread reluctance to shop in physical stores and risk contracting the virus, the pandemic has resulted in a prolific rise in online shopping.
Courier services have been in high demand, delivering items ordered online to people’s doorstep. The current penchant for clicking a few buttons and conveniently seeing items appear doesn’t look likely to disappear any time soon.
With couriers busier than ever, and courier demand looking set to stay for the long-term even as lockdown restrictions are lifted, it’s more important than ever for courier companies to have the right insurance in place.
Signature Underwriting Agency can provide such insurance.
Signature Underwriting Agency (Signature) is a forward-thinking MGA specialising in courier fleet insurance. They use a range of risk management solutions to help improve claims performance and driver behaviours whilst providing competitive premiums and excellent service.
Signature’s Courier Insurance in a blink:
- Available for courier and light haulage operators up to 7.5tonnes
- Designed for five vehicles up
- Maximum vehicle value £50,000
- All vehicles must be under 10 years old
- Age range 25 – 70 years old
- All drivers must have three years UK residency and hold a full UK driving licence for two years or more
- Must have a minimum of one year confirmed claims experience
- risk based pricing, reviewing the individual circumstances of each risk, including those with adverse claims history in higher risk areas
- reducing claim costs with a range of risk management solutions including 3G cameras, on-site visits, a focus on improving driver behaviour and a bank of client/broker resources to help establish and maintain a well-run fleet
- risk management is at the core of the proposition
- Signature has a wealth of experience and knowledge
- Signature builds long term broker relationships with loyalty, open communication and trust at the core
- Options that reduce the impact of accidents and claims on the business
In addition to courier fleet, Signature Underwriting can assist with taxi fleet. Please note that Signature is currently unable to offer terms for credit hire, self-drive hire taxis or any carriage of hazardous goods in respect of courier fleets.
For further information about Signature Underwriting, speak to your Blink IS Business Development Manager or click here.
Full underwriting terms and conditions apply, please ensure that all of the contractual documentation is read and understood prior to use.
This facility is provided by Signature Underwriting Agency Limited which is an Appointed representative of Milestone Insurance Consultants Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference no. 307191 and underwritten via Zenith Insurance Plc. Zenith Insurance Plc is authorised by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in respect of underwriting insurance business in the UK. Access to this facility is subject to approval by the product provider only. Blink Intermediary Solutions is not part of the approval process and is not the product manufacturer. Some products/facilities are not available in all territories. The intended recipients of this content are UK FCA-regulated insurance brokers. Full details of FCA authorisations can be found at www.fca.org.uk. The information is correct at the time of production but may be subject to change