Curo Underwriting Services Limited tells a fascinating story in its quest to bring sustainability, value and quality to the wheels-based insurance market. Take a closer look at the independent MGA whose niche range of motor insurance products are proving popular to retail brokers throughout the UK.
When Nic and Jason formed Curo (Latin for ‘managed’), their collective vision was to utilise their experience in both broking and underwriting to apply four key principles to the business:
- bespoke underwriting
- value for money
Their approach of “modern solutions, traditionally underwritten” embraces technology, but keeps people and communication firmly at the heart of how they work.
Having gained FCA directly authorised status earlier this year, Curo are now fully independent. They underwrite on behalf of a panel of UK insurers with strong financial ratings and their delegated underwriting authorities allow them to apply exclusive rates and non-transferable policy wordings.
Curo is currently transitioning to a new software platform as a means of enhancing their service levels further and delivering even higher quality services and solutions to brokers.
Curo’s range of products includes:
- Mini-fleets for fleets from three to 15 vehicles
- Standard fleets 16 to 200 vehicles with Curo’s exclusive and enhanced policy wording including LCRs
- Telematics and camera supported products
- Motus Haulage for hauliers with four or more vehicles employing telematics and/or camera technology
- Mobilis for own-goods fleets of up to 200 vehicles using telematics and/or camera risk management technology
- Competitive levels of commission
- Curo is a completely independent, people business
- Backed by UK capacity providers with strong financial ratings
- Fast and efficient electronic document production
- Award-winning claims service
- Exclusive and enhanced policy wordings
For further information about Curo Underwriting, speak to your Blink IS Business Development Manager or click here.
Full underwriting terms and conditions apply, please ensure that all of the contractual documentation is read and understood prior to use. This facility is marketed and distributed by Blink Intermediary Solutions. This facility is provided by Curo Underwriting Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 917708 and underwritten by a panel of insurers.
Access to this facility is subject to approval by the product provider only. Blink Intermediary Solutions is not part of the approval process and is not the product manufacturer. Some products/facilities are not available in all territories. The intended recipients of this content are UK FCA-regulated insurance brokers. Full details of FCA authorisations can be found at www.fca.org.uk. This information is correct at the time of production, but may be subject to change.