Winter has arrived and with it, months of icy, wet, and windy weather. Forecasters warning us to brace for a plunge in temperature is a sharp reminder to motorists of the importance of breakdown cover.
Batteries don’t like the cold weather and can be the bane of motorists’ lives at this time of year. With Christmas on its way, the last thing anyone needs is to be stuck in a car stranded by the roadside. For businesses running company cars, fleets of vehicles, taxis and more, the cost of a breakdown can cripple their operations, not to mention company reputation.
With the unique challenges the winter presents to motorists, brokers should make roadside assistance products a top priority as we head towards harsher weather and the festive season, when nobody wants to be left on the roadside with a broken down car.
Blink Breakdown offer a broad range of roadside assistance products provided by Jigsaw Insurance Services Plc, an established UK-based motor breakdown and accident recovery specialist and underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited.
Blink Breakdown offer a comprehensive suite of roadside assistance products* including:
- Cars, commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes and motorcycles - personal or vehicle-based cover via a simple online portal, Open GI Add-on Marketplace or API (application programme interface)
- Larger vehicles 3.5 to 7.5 tonnes - vehicle-based cover via a simple online portal or API
- Fleets - a vehicle-based cover available for cars and commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes, taxi, self-drive hire, courier and larger vehicles 3.5 to 7.5 tonnes
Unlike other roadside assistance providers, Blink Breakdown offer a host of benefits to cater for a broker’s wide and varied client base
- Available for vehicles up to 25 years old (excluding couriers, motorhomes and commercial vehicles over 3.5 tonnes)
- Unlimited call outs
- 24-hour UK call centre staffed by knowledgeable, well-trained specialists
- European extensions available on certain products to over 40 countries in continental Europe
- If an accident is responded to, Blink Breakdown will advise the broker’s nominated FNOL providing that full details have been given at the agency application stage
- To prevent fraudulent claims (ie where vehicles have already broken down), all new policies have a 24-hour start-up term applied
- Blink Breakdown is accessed via a simple online portal, ensuring that comprehensive breakdown cover for individuals and businesses is as streamlined and simple as possible
Watch this space for a number of wordings and cover enhancements from Blink Breakdown in the coming months!
For further information about Blink Breakdown, speak to your Blink IS Business Development Manager or click here.
*NB size restrictions apply, please refer to the policy documentation for full details
Full underwriting terms and conditions apply, please ensure that all of the contractual documentation is read and understood prior to use. This facility is marketed and distributed by Blink Intermediary Solutions.
Blink Breakdown is provided by Jigsaw Insurance Services PLC which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Register number: 307654 and underwritten by Amtrust Europe Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority Register number: 202189. Access to this facility is subject to approval by the product provider only. Blink Intermediary Solutions is not part of the approval process and is not the product manufacturer. Some products/facilities are not available in all territories. The intended recipients of this content are UK FCA-regulated insurance brokers. Full details of FCA authorisations can be found at www.fca.org.uk. This information is correct at the time of production, but may be subject to change.